Mail.ruПочтаМой МирОдноклассникиВКонтактеИгрыЗнакомстваНовостиКалендарьОблакоЗаметкиВсе проекты

какое местоимение используется в английском языке по отношению к животным, He,She или it?

Максим Лисицын Профи (683), закрыт 11 лет назад
Лучший ответ
Александр Савенок Оракул (51120) 11 лет назад
Мы привыкли к фразе "Кошка, которая гуляла сама по себе" - к переводу из Киплинга.

Однако в оригинале она "звучит" так
THE CAT THAT WALKED BY HIMSELF - т. е явно КОТ и явно ОН.

Так что с общим, "неопределён-артикльским", названием животных следует именно "ит", в противных случаях возможны варианты!
Так же дела и с одушевлением явлений природы, недаром ураганы традиционно носили женские имена - до комиссар-феминизма.
Интересно, что ещё в 1960-х годах опросы позволили выявить интересную закономерность: американцы традиционно называют личное автосредство ОНА, то есть (авто) машина. В то время как американки - ОН (автомобиль) .
Источник: знал, но забыл
Остальные ответы
CSKAura Гуру (4400) 11 лет назад
It, животных там только как "неодушевленный предмет"
ILJA Гуру (3277) 11 лет назад
It, там всё просто все животные там неодушевлённые: кошка - оно, пёс тоже оно, ..
Spathi Искусственный Интеллект (224982) 11 лет назад
Они вообще странные.
Животные у них it, а корабли - she.
Алексей Стадников Мудрец (14238) 11 лет назад
it, но иногда может использоваться одушевлённый с близкими домашними животными (обычно с кличкой) .

Use gender-appropriate pronouns for animals according to how connected they are to a human. For a random beast, the use of "it" is fine. For someone's beloved pet, you might want to go with "him" or "her", as long as you know which gender the pet is and don't get mixed up.

И объяснение от носителя, знающий язык поймёт:

As you mention in your question, we can use ‘he’ or ‘she’ to refer to an animal that is a pet. In fact, we nearly always do this. Not only do we use this when the animal is our own pet, but also when we meet someone else’s pet for the first time. For example, if I meet a dog in the park, I will probably ask the owner, “What a lovely dog, how old is he?’ I say this even if I am not sure if the dog is a boy or a girl because it would be rude to say, “How old is it?”

So, what about when we refer to wild animals? I think that in general we usually use ‘it’ as the pronoun for them. For example, you are walking in the countryside with a friend. You see a wild deer and point it out to your friend, ”Can you see that deer? It’s under the big tree over there.”

However, there are times that someone might use ‘he’ or ‘she’. For example, if you watch a wildlife show, it is likely that the commentator will refer to an animal that is featured in the programme as he or she. Equally, in a work of literature the writer might refer to an animal that is a character in the story as ‘he’ or ‘she’. The great novel ‘Tarka the Otter’ by Henry Williamson is a fine example of this choice of writing style. “The otter gave but a glance to the bird; she was using all her senses to find enemies.”
So, why do we use ‘she’ or ‘he’ to refer to animals? Simply, it acts to personalise the animal. Therefore, you can choose to use ‘she’ or ‘he’ as a pronoun for an animal be it a pet, a working animal or a wild animal. However, while this is an everyday style when it comes to pets, it is more likely to be a literary style when it comes to wild animals.
Marusya Знаток (310) 3 года назад
Если просто про абстрактное животное, то it, а если про любимого домашнего питомца, то she или he.
Похожие вопросы