Mail.ruПочтаМой МирОдноклассникиВКонтактеИгрыЗнакомстваНовостиКалендарьОблакоЗаметкиВсе проекты

Помогите с английским! Нужно перевести данные ниже предложения.

Кирилл Соколов Знаток (355), закрыт 3 года назад
I. Translate into English using Modal Verbs.

1. Неужели твоя дочь решила стать учителем? Кто-же посоветовал ей это?
2. Должно быть, бабушка. Если бы не она, возможно, дочь выбрала бы другую профессию.
3. Неужели ты не могла заставить ее выбрать медицину в качестве карьеры?
4. Я не могу заставлять ее поступать, как я хочу. Жаль, что не могу. Неужели ты не понимаешь этого? Решать все должна она сама.
5. Ты могла бы повлиять на нее! Не может быть, чтобы она не последовала твоему совету.
6. Советы легко давать, но им трудно следовать. Как же нам понять друг друга?!
7. Ты, должно быть, не понимаешь меня. Если бы мне пришлось делать выбор, я бы обязательно поговорила с родителями.
8. Естественно! Зря я промолчала.
9. Пожалуйста, подумай обо всем еще раз прежде, чем разрешишь ей поступать в университет.
10. Придётся. Зря я не сделала этого раньше!
Лучший ответ
Владлена Устинова Ученик (242) 3 года назад
1. Did your daughter decide to become a teacher? Who told her to do it?
2. Must be the grandmother. If it wasn't for her, perhaps her daughter would have chosen a different profession.
3. Couldn't you make her choose medicine as a career?
4. I can't force her to do what I want. I wish I could. Don't you see that? It's up to her to decide.
5. You could have influenced her! It can't be that she didn't follow your advice.
6. Advice is easy to give, but difficult to follow. How can we understand each other?!
7. You must not understand me. If I had to make a choice, I would definitely talk to my parents.
8. Naturally! I shouldn't have said anything.
9. Please think about everything again before you allow her to go to University.
10. Have. I should have done it sooner.
Евгений МаксимовПросветленный (21110) 3 года назад
Очень хорошо, хотя я бы чуточку исправил и дополнил.. В первом предложении- добавил бы really как эквивалент "неужели."..И вместо told использовал бы advised...Во втором предложении- не переводил бы с русского языка, а построил бы предложении ближе к английскому... The grandmother must have done it...If she wouldn't do it, my dauther perhaps would have chosen different profession.
В принципе, у Вас очень неплохой уровень языка... Но Вы строите предложения по-русски...: -) Аналогичные недочеты в прочих предложениях... Но-у Вас прекрасный английский... Вы учитесь в школе?
Владлена Устинова Ученик (242) Евгений Максимов, Спасибо за поправки, учту в дальнейшем) Да, я учусь в школе
Остальные ответы
Даниил Коляда Ученик (210) 3 года назад
. Did your daughter decide to become a teacher? Who told her to do it?
2. Must be the grandmother. If it wasn't for her, perhaps her daughter would have chosen a different profession.
4. I can't force her to do what I want. I wish I could. Don't you see that? It's up to her to decide.
5. You could have influenced her! It can't be that she didn't follow your advice.
6. Advice is easy to give, but difficult to follow. How can we understand each other?!
7. You must not understand me. If I had to make a choice, I would definitely talk to my parents.
9. Please think about everything again before you allow her to go to University.
10. Have. I should have done it sooner.
Lev Chusovitin Мыслитель (6988) 3 года назад
Перевод литературный! Всё близко к тексту и с модальными глаголами, где нужно (где это с моей точки зрения ну совсем не очень, альтернативные варианты), но без идиотизма/слепоты в стремлении эту близость к тексту сохранить.

1. Truly, your daughter decided to work as a teacher? Who in the world advised her to do so?

2. Must be her grandmother. If it hadn't been for her perhaps my daughter would have chosen a different job.

3. Couldn't you have made her pursue the medicine career, was it that impossible?

4. I must not / should not force (both is suitable, the choice depends on how strong you want to make the statement - and here (IMHO) you have freedom if we only have this russian context.) her to make her choices to my liking. Unfortunately, I mustn't.
Can't you understand that, can't you really? She should make all these decisions herself.

5. But you could make use of respect she has for you? / (You could have used the respect she has for you.) It couldn't be that she acts against your recommendations. (Baaad sentence. I would rather NOT rewrite it by means of literal translation even if it might be expected if it is a grammar exercise. Simply she wouldn't disregard your recommendations. Or. She couldn't possibly disregard your recommendations.)

6. To give advices is an easy job, but to actually follow them is difficult. Just how could we begin to understand each other?

7. It must be, you do not understand what I am talking about. (I don't like this sentence. One would say it looks like you don't understand what I am talking about.) If I had to make this choice, I certainly would consult here parents.

8. It figures. I now regret not having spoken to them.

9. Please, take time to think about all of it again, before you let her apply for university.

10. I have no choice. Now I regret not having done it sooner!

alternatives with more modals: 1. Could it really be, your daughter decided to work as a teacher? Who in the world could have adviced her to do so?

2. If it wouldn't had been for her, my daughter might have chosen a different job. (I don't like this sentence. Something is not right. It should not be translated with might-clause t hough the task givers probably expect it.)

6. One can easily give an advice, but it's difficult to follow given advices.

7. If I should have to make this choice (I don't like this sentence either, it should not be translated with a should-clause though again the taskgiver probably expect it), ..

8. That must be it. I regret ...

9. Could you not reconsider the whole situation before ...

10. I have to. I should have done it earlier.
ПЕРЕЦ Гуру (3641) 3 года назад
1. Has your daughter decided to become a teacher? Who advised her this?
2. Must be a grandmother. If not for her, perhaps her daughter would have chosen another profession.
4. I cannot force her to do as I want. It's a pity I can't. Don't you understand this? She should decide everything herself.
5. You could influence her! It cannot be that she does not follow your advice.
6. Advice is easy to give but difficult to follow. How can we understand each other ?!
9. Please think about everything again before you allow her to go to university.
10. We'll have to. I shouldn't have done this before!
Похожие вопросы