4 месяца назад
1. Раскройте скобки, образуйте прошеднее простое время (The Past Simple Tense) или прошедшее продолженное (The Past Continuous Tense).
1. The tourists (waited) for the guide when he (came).
2. We (traveled) to Turkey last summer.
3. The only means of traveling in the early 19th century (were) trains and steamships.
4. What did you (do) at 5 o'clock yesterday?
5. The Russian Tourist Society (came) into being in 1901.
6. The rich (went) to German health resorts for treatment and recreation.
7. I (didn't have) a shower five minutes ago.
8. Our company (advertised) a new tour in mass media a month ago.
2. Перепишите предложения, подчеркните в каждом из них глагол-сказуемое и определите его видовременную форму.
1. I have arrived in time. (Present Perfect)
2. He can speak English. (Present Simple)
3. The convention has ordered a banquet. (Present Perfect)
4. After the sun had set, we decided to return to the hotel. (Past Perfect)
5. They visited the gallery yesterday. (Past Simple)
6. It was raining when I left the house. (Past Continuous)
3. Постройте отрицательные и вопросительные составьте общий и специальные вопросы.
1. Did the tourists spend their holidays at the health resort last season?
Did the tourists not spend their holidays at the health resort last season?
2. Was the secretary talking to somebody on the phone?
Wasn't the secretary talking to somebody on the phone?
3. Has the manager just returned?
Hasn't the manager just returned?
4. Had he learned to speak French by the end of the year?
Hadn't he learned to speak French by the end of the year?
5. Did he enjoy the journey by train?
Didn't he enjoy the journey by train?
6. Must I go there now?
Mustn't I go there now?
4. Заполните пропуски соответствующими модальными глаголами (can, could, must, have to, had to).
1. The night manager must stay awake all night long.
2. Tour guides can/could answer different questions.
3. He had to do a lot of work yesterday.
4. We couldn't cross the street because there was a lot of traffic.
5. Can I borrow your camera, please?
6. Philip can't swim very well, but he is taking lessons.
5. Переведите предложения с русского языка на английский. Обратите внимание на употребление настоящего совершенного и прошедшего простого времени (The Present Perfect Tense, The Past Simple).
1. When did the tourist boom begin? I think it started approximately 30-40 years ago.
2. Thomas Cook became famous in England in the mid-19th century. He organized the first tourist trip by railway.
3. There was an interesting entertainment program last night.
4. We have just visited a theme park.
5. They have already been to a restaurant and a museum, but they haven't been to an exhibition yet.