2 месяца назад
Change the following sentences using complex subject.
1. They believe that she had lived in Vienna for a long time.
She is believed to have lived in Vienna for a long time.
2. They reported that the plane had landed safely.
The plane was reported to have landed safely.
3. They said that he played tennis well.
He was said to play tennis well.
4. They said that she was writing a new novel.
She was said to be writing a new novel.
5. They expected that the director would arrive the next day.
The director was expected to arrive the next day.
6. It is said that they knew English very well.
They were said to know English very well.
7. It seems that the water is boiling.
The water seems to be boiling.
8. They reported that the goods had been awaiting shipment for several days.
The goods were reported to have been awaiting shipment for several days.
9. It is likely that they will come soon.
They are likely to come soon.
10. It is sure that he will complete the report in time.
He is sure to complete the report in time.
11. It is certain that they met before.
They are certain to have met before.
12. They thought that he was honest.
He was thought to be honest.
13. It is unlikely that she will approve your project.
She is unlikely to approve your project.
14. It is known that he is a very talented writer.
He is known to be a very talented writer.
15. It turned out that our experiment had been unsuccessful.
Our experiment turned out to be unsuccessful.
16. It was declared that the patient was getting better.
The patient was declared to be getting better.
17. It is unlikely that the goods will arrive at the end of the week.
The goods are unlikely to arrive at the end of the week.
18. It is certain that they will come to Moscow next week.
They are certain to come to Moscow next week.
19. It is sure that he will return soon.
He is sure to return soon.
20. It happened that I was there at that time.
I happened to be there at that time.
21. They believe that this theory is correct.
This theory is believed to be correct.
22. It seems that the weather is improving.
The weather seems to be improving.
23. It is reported that the rocket has started its flight at 6.30.
The rocket is reported to have started its flight at 6.30 a.m.
24. It was expected that the members of the committee would come to an agreement.
The members of the committee were expected to come to an agreement.
25. It is likely that the house was built in the 18th century.
The house is likely to have been built in the 18th century.
26. It seems that the play has made a deep impression on him.
The play seems to have made a deep impression on him.
27. They think that she is good at management.
She is thought to be good at management.
28. It seemed that he was waiting for more.
He seemed to be waiting for more.