Mail.ruПочтаМой МирОдноклассникиВКонтактеИгрыЗнакомстваНовостиКалендарьОблакоЗаметкиВсе проекты

помогите с английским Прочитайте забавную историю и составьте ее резюме в письменном виде.

Светлана Филиппова Ученик (81), закрыт 4 года назад
Read a funny story and make a summary of it in writing

Travel is the name of a modern disease which started in the midfifties and is still spreading. The patient grows restless in the early spring and starts rushing about from one travel agent to another collecting useless information about places he doesn’t intend to visit. Then he, or usually she, will do a round of shops and spend much more than he or she can afford. Finally in August, the patient will board a plane, train, coach or car and go to foreign places along with thousands of his fellow-countrymen, not because he is interested in or attracted by some place, nor because he can afford to go but simply because he cannot afford not to.

The result is that in the summer months (and in the last few years also during the winter season) everybody is on the move. What is the aim of all this travelling? Each nationality has its own different one. The Americans want to take photographs of themselves in different places. The idea is simply to collect documentary proof that they have been there. The German travels to check up on his guide-books.

Why do the English travel? First, because their neighbour does. Secondly, they were taught that travel broadens the mind. But lastly – and perhaps mainly – they travel to avoid foreigners. I know many English people who travel in groups, stay in hotels where even the staff is English, eat roast beef and Yorkshire pudding on Sunday and steak-and-kidney pies on weekdays, all over Europe. The main aim of the Englishman abroad is to meet people, I mean, of course, nice English people from next door or from the next street. It is possible, however, that the mania for travelling is coming to an end.

A Roman friend of mine told me: “I no longer travel at all. I stay here because I want to meet my friends from all over the world.” “What exactly do you mean?” I asked. “It is simple,” he explained. “Whenever I go to London my friend Smith is in Tokyo and Brown is in Sicily. If I go to Paris my friends are either in London or in Spain. But if I stay in Rome all my friends, I’m sure, will turn up at one time or another. The world means people for me. I stay here because I want to see the world. Besides, staying at home broadens the mind.” (How to avoid travelling. G. Mikes)
Лучший ответ
Nadeya Мудрец (13431) 4 года назад
The text tells us about a strange modern disease. It’s travelling. The patient grows restless in the early spring rushing about from one travel agent to another. Then he, or she, will do a round of shops getting ready for a travel and spend much more than he or she can afford. Finally in August, the patient will go to foreign places.
The result is that in the summer months everybody is on the move. Each nationality has its own aim of all this travelling. The Americans want to take photographs of themselves in different places. The German travels to check up on his guide-books.
The English travel because their neighbour does. Secondly, they were taught that travel broadens the mind. But lastly – and perhaps mainly – they travel to avoid foreigners. The main aim of the Englishman abroad is to meet people, nice English people from next door or from the next street.
It is possible, however, that the mania for travelling is coming to an end. The author’s friend from Rome told him that he was no longer travelling. He stayed in his native city because he wanted to meet his friends from all over the world. Whenever he had gone anywhere his friends weren’t there, they were travelling. He got sure that all his friends would come to Rome one day and he would be there for them.
Остальные ответы
Похожие вопросы